Monday, February 27, 2006

My dear Friends


The sun slowly lowers in the western sky,
as sadly to my dear friend,
I bid farewell and goodbye.... Should I ?
Who decides the time we have to live,
mature and grow,
and who decides the time when we have to say,
"It is now I must go"?
For many a year I have lived upon this planet called Earth,
a journey of friendship, love, tears and a child's wondrous birth.
I have followed my heart and treated all men equal and fair,
and yes many a time that cross has been difficult to bear.

Good friends have helped me through these long,
sometimes lonely years,
and with each of their passing I can't help but shed for them some of my tears...
I feel sadness and immense bittersweet sorrow.....,
to know that from today I'll never see my friend in the morrow just because of one single misunderstanding....
I am however grateful for one thing on this sad and bleak day,
of that we were good friends for many a fine day.
So go with good speed to that place upon high....,
and join those I love dearly who have already passed me by.
I know not when I will join you and one day it must be,
but until then your memory will stay alive,
forever within me..

No comments: