Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Begining today..


Beginning today I will no longer worry about yesterday,
It is in the past & the past will never change.
Only I can change by choosing to do so..

Beginning today, I will no longer worry about tomorrow,
Tomorrow will always be there, waiting for me to make the most of it.
But I cannot make the most of tomorrow without 1st making the most of today.

I will look in the mirror & I will see a person worthy of my respect & admiration.
This capable person looking back at me is someone I enjoy spending time with
And someone I would like to get to know better..

I will cherish each moment of my life..
I value the gift bestowed upon me in this world and
I will unselfishly share this gift with other….

I will take a moment to step of the beaten path
& to revel in the mysteries I encounter,
I will face challenges with courage and determination.

I will overcome what barriers there may be
Which hinder my quest for growth and self improvement

I will take life one day at a time,
One step at a time, discouragement will not be allowed to taint
my positive self-image, my desire to succeed or my capacity to love…

I will walk with renewed faith in human kindness,
Regardless of what has gone before…
I believe there is hope for brighter and better future…

I will open my mind & heart,
I will welcome new experience,
I will meet new people
I will not expect perfection from myself nor anyone else..
Perfection does not exist in an imperfect world.
But I will applaud the effort to overcome human foibles..

I am responsible for my own happiness
And I will do things that make me happy,
Admire the beautiful wonders of nature,
Listen to my favorite’s music,
Pet a kitten or soak a bubble bath…
Pleasure can be found in the most simple of gestures.

I will learn something new,
I will try something different,
I will appreciate all various flavors life has to offer,
I will change what I can & the rest I will let go….
I will strive to become the best me…
I can possibly be…

No comments: